If a cancellation is made up to 48 hours before the service, the deposit will be refunded less 25% of the full service price. Where a cancellation is made within 48 hours, Show Me Doves shall be entitled to charge the customer a cancellation fee of 50% of the full service price. A complete refund will be issued if we determine in advance of arrival that weather conditions prohibit safe release of the birds. If weather conditions force a cancellation after arrival and set up, Show Me Doves will refund 50% of package price.
Cut-off time is calculated based on the time of day and the distances they must travel to get home. If your event is delayed beyond our cut-off time, you will forfeit your release and your entire amount paid. Our birds can not be released under the following conditions: Thunder, Lightning, Tornado Advisories, Heavy Rain, Fog, Haze, Snow, Ice Storms and or low clouds, extreme Heat or Cold. They Do Not fly at night. No refunds for unexpected dove or guest behavior. As our services cover living creatures, it is understood that the release of the birds can only be allowed if weather conditions are permitting. As live birds we are not able to guarantee that the birds will perform exactly as required, every time. Delay of 1/2 hour or more will be charged an additional $50.00 per hour.
A minimum of 50% deposit is required on booking of services made by phone. You may pay in full if you prefer. Telephone bookings are only held for five days. Booking is confirmed when deposit is received. Any balance owed is due 10 days before the service or event. Checks/money orders are accepted, please make payable to Show Me Doves. $7.50 service charge added for Paypal payment option.
While planning your bird release, keep in mind:
- If you are planning a late afternoon or end-of-day wedding, the birds must have enough time to make their way home before sunset. (at least one hour)
- Time the start of your ceremony to accommodate possible delays. (15 minutes or more is not uncommon)
- It is always best to check with the handler to be sure your ceremony will END in time for the birds not only to get airborne, but also to navigate home safely.
- Professional handlers do not release the birds after a certain Cut-Off Time, that is calculated based on the time of day and distances/obstacle courses the birds must travel to get back to their loft.
- If your wedding party is delayed beyond that cutoff time, you may forfeit your release, and the money you paid for it.